Palazzo Scaligero del Capitano (XIV century)
Overlooking the main square of the town, this Gothic building was most likely originally the seat of the governor of Este on behalf of the Scaligeri family. The façade has pointed arches and trilobate windows, still visible despite the tampering that has taken place in the course of the centuries. Since 1848 the building has been the home to the Reading Room (Gabinetto di Lettura).
Visit of the exterior.